Re: NVIDIA Driver 1.0-6111 fix

From: Sid Boyce
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 01:29:14 EST

Paul Jakma wrote:

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Lee Revell wrote:

I bet 99.9% of the people who signed that stupid petition already own
freaking ATI hardware. The people yelling the loudest seem to be those
who didn't realize the hardware wasn't Linux compatible when they bought
it, when it would have taken 10 seconds to find out.

In this game, I tend to leave it up to the individual and groups to fight for whatever they want as it's sometimes a bit of concerted action that yields results. It can be a protracted exercise, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. The situation has improved as far as vendor support is concerned, it started at zero, but still not all we would like and may never be, so it's a case of eating what you have on your plate and asking for more - no bones broken.

Urm... the ATi R1xx and R2xx cards *are* open-source supported (thanks weather channel!). The R2xx ATi FireGL is the fastest open-driver DRI card..

regards,

It's users of that calibre and vendors with the clout of IBM, Dell, HP etc. that can help and the fact that Linux will rapidly be a good revenue stream for the most open of manufacturers. Today in Linux we are not where we were 10 years ago and 10 years from now we won't be where we are today and the signs are good.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
=====LINUX ONLY USED HERE=====