[RFC/patch] ACPI in linux PnP layer

From: castet . matthieu
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 08:27:30 EST

Hi,

I have started to plug acpi in PnP layer.
A first patch add the function acpi_driver_scan, that allow to call a function
for each acpi device.
I have to do that because acpi is load before PnP, and it can't add my function
in acpi_bus_add (driver/acpi/scan.c).

The second patch is the PnP acpi driver.
It parse possible and activated resources.
It use acpi_register_gsi to activate irq (is that need ???)

Also there are no disable/set acpi resource support, nor ADDRESS resource
support.

But it work well with drivers that work with pnpbios(parport, serial, ...).

What do you think of it ?
Any comment ?

Matthieu

PS : please CC me since I'm not subscribed to lkml.