Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc1-bk4-R3

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 07:29:07 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* K.R. Foley <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.cybsft.com/testresults/crashes/2.6.9-rc1-vo-R3.txt

the first line seems partial - isnt the full oops in the log?

Agreed. Unfortunately that is all there is.

Sorry I forgot to mention that this was triggered running the
stress-kernel package, minus the NFS-Compile, but it does include the
CRASHME test. In addition, amlat was running as well. The system was
pretty much 100% loaded.

Have you run crashme as root? That would be unsafe.

Actually what happens is that it creates a "crashme" user (and group)
for running the test and then deletes the user after the test. In fact
the user is still in passwd, because of the crash it didn't get cleaned
up. So I don't think this SHOULD be a problem.