Re: PROBLEM: Full CPU-usage on sis5513-chipset discinput/output-operations

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 22:32:57 EST

I think that at least with relatively current motherboards it makes sense to at least try the APIC support. Speaking of "works in Windows", I think APIC mode has a greater chance of working these days on UP motherboards because Microsoft is pushing motherboard/system manufacturers to support IOAPIC in all new designs:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysperf/IO-APIC.mspx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Egger" <degger@xxxxxxx>