Re: PROBLEM: Full CPU-usage on sis5513-chipset disc input/output-operations

From: Hendrik Fehr
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 08:07:36 EST

Mikael Pettersson writes:
> [...]
> These are "received illegal vector" errors. They indicate
> a serious problem, either with the local APIC bus itself,
> or with how the ACPI/MP tables cause us to program the local
> and I/O APICs.
>
> Do the errors persist if you disable ACPI?

I just tried the following two things:
Boot option "acpi=off" (made the cusour switching faster on and off). And when
it came to ide setup i get lots of "hda lost interrupt". The system is
unbootable with that option.

With boot option "noapic" there are no more APIC error messages. Should i add
that boot option to my defaults in /etc/lilo.conf?