lockup with voluntary preempt R0 and VP, KP, etc, disabled

From: Florian Schmidt
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 05:08:50 EST

oops typo. now it should show up on lkml, too

Hi,

i can experience hard lockups when turning off all the VP stuff via the
/proc interface.

echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hardirq_preemption
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/softirq_preemption
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/voluntary_preemption
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/kernel_preemption
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/trace_enabled

then do some audio work with jackd and the machine locks up in the next
3 or 4 minutes. How can i help in debugging this? I know only very
little about core dumps, etc, so it would be cool if anyone of you guys
can reproduce the lockup. Or tell me how to proceed..

flo