Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc1-bk4-Q8

From: mika.penttila
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 03:04:57 EST

Ingo,

I think there might be a problem with voluntary-preempt's hadling of softirqs. Namely, in cond_resched_softirq(), you do __local_bh_enable() and local_bh_disable(). But it may be the case that the softirq is handled from ksoftirqd, and then the preempt_count isn't elevated with SOFTIRQ_OFFSET (only PF_SOFTIRQ is set). So the __local_bh_enable() actually makes preempt_count negative, which might have bad effects. Or am I missing something?

Mika