Re: 2.6.9-rc1 : Weirdness after shutdown - ACPI or Suspend bug?

From: Thomas Davis
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 16:36:54 EST

Stuart Young wrote:
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:20, Stuart Young wrote:

OK, this one is weirding me out.

Note that when using 2.6.8.1 all is fine. The following situation only
happens in 2.6.9-rc1 or later.

If I shutdown my laptop (ie: halt) it goes through the motions and
everything goes off. If the lid switch changes state AFTER powerdown, the
laptop starts up. Removing AC power, or with AC power connected and
removing the battery does not trigger this, just seemingly the lid switch.
This works on lid close, AND lid open.

Interesting - I'm playing with a Sony VAIO S170p, and when you use shutdown -h, it turns off and turning it back on appears to be fine.

HOWEVER, using swsusp2, hibernating the machine works, but it refuses to wake back up until you pull the AC power and battery out.

thomas