Re: IPMI driver updates for 2.4

From: Corey Minyard
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 19:47:49 EST

There actually aren't any bug fixes. These are all new feature additions. It is a big driver revamp, but it has been around for a while

I guess it is not critical now, but it would be nicer for the users of the driver.

-Corey

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

Hi Corey,

You wrote a nice changelog entry - thanks for that.

I'm not sure if we should apply all of this in v2.4. It looks like a
big driver revamp to me.

Is is all this critical for being merged in v2.4.x now?

Would it be very painful/unwanted to maintain only the bugfixes and not only new features? What you think about that?