Re: [Lhms-devel] Re: [RFC] buddy allocator without bitmap(2) [0/3]

From: Hiroyuki KAMEZAWA
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 19:01:30 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

Hiroyuki KAMEZAWA <kamezawa.hiroyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Because I had to record some information about shape of mem_map, I used PG_xxx bit.
1 bit is maybe minimum consumption.

The point is that we're running out of bits in page.flags.

yes.

You should be able to reuse an existing bit for this application. PG_lock would suit.

Hmm... PG_buddyend pages in the top of mem_map can be allocated and used as normal pages
,which can be used for Disk I/O.

If I make them as victims to buddy allocator and don't allow to use them,
I can reuse an existing bit.

I'll consider more.

--Kame