Re: 2.6.9-rc1-mm1 ppc build broken

From: Albert Herranz
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 05:57:23 EST

> This is creating a circularity on ppc that others
> don't have apparently.
>
> > CC arch/ppc/kernel/asm-offsets.s
> > In file included from include/linux/mm.h:4,
>
> > from include/asm/io.h:7,
> > from include/linux/timex.h:61,
>
> This #include link here is the issue. Vanilla
> linux/timex.h does not have
> the #include <asm/io.h>. On other machines,
> <asm/io.h> does not include
> <linux/mm.h>, so you don't get into the problem with
> sched.h.

Thanks.

The #include <asm/io.h> comes from bk-ia64.patch time
interpolation logic patch from Cristoph Lameter.

I've checked that at least for the embedded port I'm
working on the linux/mm.h is *not* a must on ppc
asm/io.h so we can get rid of it (commented out).
Maybe this is also true for the rest of ppc platforms.

Now 2.6.9-rc1-mm1 builds fine.

Cheers,
Albert