kernel panic (probably XFS related)

From: Oliver Kiddle
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 05:49:16 EST

I'm still having problems with the machine where I previously posted
about page allocation failures. I recently tried upgrading to 2.6.8.1
and it has now crashed twice. When running 2.6.3 the machine is stable:
just the error messages I previously posted about.

Firstly, with 2.6.8.1, I get a number of these messages but they don't
seem to be fatal:
pagebuf_get: failed to lookup pages

I was around when the second kernel panic occurred so I wrote down some
of the contents of the console.
Process ypserv (is mentioned along with pid, threadinfo details)
then:
Call Trace:
memmove+0x4d/0x4f
cache_flusharray+0x4a/0xb6
kmem_cache_free+0x48/0x4c
d_callback+0x29/0x3b
rcu_do_batch+0x14/0x1f
tasklet_action+0x40/0x61
__do_softirq+0x7e/0x80
do_softirq+0x26/0x28
do_IRQ+0xc4/0xdf
common_interrupt+0x18/0x20
I may have made mistakes in copying that out. I also wrote down the
register values if they are of any use.

On both occasions, the machine was up for a couple of days before
crashing. Previously problems were triggered by xfsdump but this time
that wasn't running; it was doing it's usual job of handling NIS/NFS for
about 25 clients.

Oliver

PS. Thanks to all the people who helped me out previously.