Re: libata dev_config call order wrong.

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 09:42:38 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
On Llu, 2004-08-30 at 10:12, Brad Campbell wrote:

Given that the SATA->PATA bridge boards support 80 pin detection, then bit 13 of word 93 must be high on any drive that supports lba48, and given the *current* sata spec states that word 93 must be zero, we should be able to use this detection method.

Word 53 is the important one and essentially tells you what else to
believe later on in the configuration.

Ok, well acording to my copy of the ATA-6 spec, word 53 mentions nothing about word 93. From everything I have read in ATA-5 -> ATA-7 (Draft) word 93 appears to be pretty fixed.
It certainly works with my limited test set (all WD unfortunately)