Re: K3b and 2.6.9?

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 09:12:15 EST

On Llu, 2004-08-30 at 01:47, Tim Fairchild wrote:
> Am I right in assuming that this is the way things will be done in the kernel
> from now on and that we will need new versions of k3b/cdrecord to run with
> these newer kernels?

Folks are working on getting the verify_command list refined, or you
can run the burner part of cd-burners setuid (as cdrecord supports -
although get the newest one since there was a security hole fixed a few
days ago in both cdrecord and star).

> Without knowing a better way, I am currently using the same sort of quick
> patch as 2.6.8.1 to use k3b on 2.6.9-rc1-bk5 ie:

Providing you don't mind any of your users erasing your drive firmware
and turning the drive into a brick its fine.