Re: 1GB/2GB/3GB User Space Splitting Patch 2.6.8.1 (PSEUDO SPAM)

From: jmerkey
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 00:57:30 EST

> What kernel version? I can't even find usb_read_device() in 2.6.9-rc1.
>
> BTW, as someone else requested, please teach your mail client to wrap
> lines around column 70-72. Thanks.
>
> ~Randy

linux-2.6.8.1.tar.gz

static ssize_t usb_device_read(struct file *file,
char __user *buf,
size_t nbytes,
loff_t *ppos)
{
struct list_head *buslist;
struct usb_bus *bus;
ssize_t ret, total_written = 0;
loff_t skip_bytes = *ppos;

if (*ppos < 0)
return -EINVAL;
if (nbytes <= 0)
return 0;
if (!access_ok(VERIFY_WRITE, buf, nbytes))
return -EFAULT;

/* enumerate busses */
down (&usb_bus_list_lock);
for (buslist = usb_bus_list.next;
buslist != &usb_bus_list;
buslist = buslist->next) {
/* print devices for this bus */
bus = list_entry(buslist, struct usb_bus,
bus_list);
/* print devices for this bus */
bus = list_entry(buslist, struct usb_bus,
bus_list);

/* recurse through all children of the root hub */
if (!bus->root_hub)
continue;

// IT BARFS RIGHT HERE -->
down(&bus->root_hub->serialize);

Jeff

P.S. I am using my comcast account which
is not as good as MUTT -- line wrap settings
since it is web based.
drdos.com gets rejected
so I am typing less characters/line. :-)