Re: Termination of the Philips Webcam Driver (pwc)

From: Greg KH
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 14:42:47 EST

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 11:09:22AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > He is not sole author. Large parts of the code are based on other
> > authors work and simply copied from the standard framework. Please put
> > back the version without the hooks. It is useful to all sorts of people
> > in that form.
>
> Are you willing to stand up for that and be the maintainer for it?

Someone has contacted me and Nemosoft and is willing to be the
maintainer, so it looks like this will happen. That person is currently
working with Nemosoft to hash out a few issues and should soon be
sending a patch in to add the driver back, minus the hook.

At least that's what they say they will do :)

thanks,

greg k-h