Re: DTrace-like analysis possible with future Linux kernels?

From: Tomasz Kłoczko
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 19:14:58 EST

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Alan Cox wrote:

On Llu, 2004-08-23 at 20:48, Robert Milkowski wrote:
Solaris runs on x86 platform, and runs quite well.
And guess what - DTrace runs on x86 like a charm.

Larger x86 boxes. I can't seem to find PDA's with Solaris or phones
with Solaris or $70 wireless routers with Solaris.

I don't thing naming anything larger than PDA or phone as "large computer" is correct/acceptable :o)
If fact Solaris works quite well on usual desktop size computer.

Probalby after full porting Solaris to x86 using system on embeded system definitely will not be only potential solution.
Even if Solaris after this still can'd be useable on embeded-like systems
this can't matter on DTrace subject :)

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*