From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 16:47:07 EST

On Thursday 26 August 2004 18:58, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> James Bruce wrote:
> > moving 1MB of attributes/streams just to change a 20 character
> > author attribute seems a bit silly.
>
> That's what we do now. Try editing an MP3's id tags.

What's the problem? Let's say a file has three streams/forks/whatever: the
unnamed one, and two additional named. The filesystem can treat these three
streams like three independent (but related) files on disk so, if the author
attribute belongs to the first named stream, only the first named stream (and
its corresponding file on the backend) would need to be modified. No need to
move MBs of data around.