Re: Linux 2.4.28-pre2

From: O.Sezer
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 15:10:57 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 06:26:39PM +0300, O.Sezer wrote:

Hi Marcelo:

Also a bunch of gcc 3.4 fixes, hopefully we are done
with that now.

Fairly close, but not complete. You need the two patches at:

I've found six compile errors in -pre2 with gcc 3.4 I'll send patches for.

Which are they, I'm curious?

There are still tons of warnings for lvalues and a few other warnings,

Are there more other than the two patches I referenced fix and the
five I listed? Which are they?

but I don't see a pressing need to fix these:

They are not a real problem with gcc 3.4, and whether gcc 3.5 will ever be supported as compiler for kernel 2.4 is a question whose answer lies far in the future.

That is a valid point but it'd be sad if gcc3.5 wouldn't be supported.

cu
Adrian

Cheers.
Ozkan