From: Wichert Akkerman
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 07:33:57 EST

Previously Jamie Lokier wrote:
> I find losing mtime annoying. That's why I don't use Mozilla's
> download manager (and Navigator's before it) because they presumed
> that mtime isn't worth copying.

It's free software, you could fix that :)

> Is it a problem to decree that "file data MUST NOT be stored in a
> metadata directory; only non-essential metadata and data computed from
> the file data may be stored"?

That would put us right back at the samba-and-other-apps-want-streams
point in the discussion, but it certainly would not be a bad starting
point. From there we could always add streams later on if the API is
right.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@xxxxxxxxx> It is simple to make things.