Re: Linux 2.6.9-rc1

From: Harald Welte
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 03:07:46 EST

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 04:44:01PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:32:06 +0200
> Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Harald, a question about this fix.

Sorry about not commenting on this initially.

> So we're converting over to using __ip_nat_find_helper().
>
> And adding an export of ip_nat_find_helper (ie. without the two underscore
> prefix). Why?
>
> If we need to export one, then we need to export both.

yes, we're using __ip_nat_find_helper from within the NAT core (which is
one module built from multiple .o files), and we export ip_nat_find_helper
for other kernel modules, such as helpers and ct_sync (none of it is in
mainline kernel yet).

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.netfilter.org/
on while IP was being designed." -- Paul Vixie