From: Hans Reiser
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 15:48:51 EST

I just want to add that I AM capable of working with the other filesystem developers in a team-player way, and I am happy to cooperate with making portions more reusable where there is serious interest from other filesystems in that, but Christoph is a puppy who has never written or designed a major filesystem from scratch, and Nikita is a big dog who has written stuff very few projects are lucky enough to see the likes of, and when Christoph insults Nikita's code, or my design guidance for that code, it is not going to bring out my good side. The plugin and metafiles code needs many improvements, but Christoph does not have the expertise to understand what those needed improvements are because he hasn't invested the work into understanding the code.

Christoph is a bright and clever young fellow, who just hasn't had the years of study of the field yet. I wish him well, and away.;-)

Hans