Re: PANIC [2.4.27] usb-storage

From: O.Sezer
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 03:54:23 EST

Pete Zaitcev wrote:
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:23:34 +0300
"O.Sezer" <sezeroz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address e0ce6d90

EIP; e0ce6d90 <[usb-storage]usb_stor_CBI_irq+0/70> <=====

Something unmapped a page where the module code resided. Are you sure
you haven't tried to run rmmod? Bad idea.

-- Pete

I was pretty confident that I told this happens upon modprobe -r
or rmmod (at least in the previous messages). The problem is not
(or at least shouldn't be) rmmod:
With a "healthy" disk nothing happens upon rmmod usb-storage even
if the disk is still plugged in (you can't mount the disk, that's
what happens). With this beast, even after scsi reports it offlined
=== [Edit:] even still after I unplug the disk =====
the disk, usb-uhci still tries messing with irqs; please see the
dmesg output.

Ozkan