PROBLEM: ATAPI (Memory Leak?)

From: Steven E. Woolard
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 23:44:38 EST

After an attempt to burn an AUDIO CD using IDE (not scsi emulation)
the AUDIO CD played back on a regular cd-player only to have some very weird sounds.
Also, it might be a possible memory leak issue as well.
After doing this, I noticed my memory usage was at 730MB+ (of 1024MB)
Which is very far from normal (150MB)...
So I rebooted, and burned another audio-cd ... in hope of it was the way I obtained the WAV files (xmms diskwrite plugin)... I was wrong... Memory usage shot through the roof again... AUDIO CD was another coaster burn....

If this has been fixed in an rc or mm patch, let me know--I'll upgrade
As for now, I'm back on 2.6.7

As a side note: 2.6.7 burns Audio CD's just fine... memory usage also stays normal.