NForce 2 support

From: Dr NoName
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 18:47:23 EST

Hello kernel hackers,

I have a quick question: what is the current state of
support for NVidia NForce 2 chipset? I am planning to
get a new Athlon XP rig and just wondering if NForce
(specifically Abit NF7-S) is a good choice. I can
compile a custom kernel and don't mind installing
nvidia drivers separately but I do want everything to
work and be rock-solid (ide, agp, sound, network,
etc.). So will NForce work or should I stick with VIA?

thanks in advance,

Eugene