Re: 2.6.8.1 Mis-detect CRDW as CDROM

From: John Wendel
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 18:26:43 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

On Sul, 2004-08-15 at 22:43, John Wendel wrote:

K3B detects my Lite-on LTR-52327S CDRW as a CDROM when run with 2.6.8.1. Booting back into 2.6.7 corrects the problem. I've attached the (totally uninteresting parts of) dmesg. Any clues appreciated.

The kernel really has no understanding of the difference here, and
the two dmesg files are identical so what makes you make that claim

What claim? I'm not claiming anything, just trying to report a problem. I don't have the slightest idea what might be causing this problem, but the problem is real. I can see that the dmesg files are identical which is why I said they were "totally uninteresting". Since the new kernel is the only variable in this situation, I thought it reasonable to request help from you kernel gods. Sorry, I'll now crawl back under my rock.

John Wendel