Re: High CPU usage (up to server hang) under heavy I/O load

From: Lenar LÃhmus
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 04:13:14 EST

Tom Sightler wrote:

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 11:46, Sylvain COUTANT wrote:

During heavy writes to the drives attached to the PERC4/Di the system
becomes practically unusable. I've been wanting to try the 'megaraid2'
driver to see if this gets rid of the issue but I haven't been able to
try that yet.

Can confirm same symptoms. But I can say that megaraid2 driver gets rid of this slowdown
(during heavy writing). Only problem you can't use dellmgr or megamon with this driver it seems.

We have some older systems with PERC2/DC cards which also use the
'megaraid' driver but they don't seem to experience this issue so I'm a
little suspicious that perhaps this driver simply doesn't work that well
with the newer megaraid-like controllers.

It's PERC3/QC here.

Lenar