Re: New versioning scheme ? ( 2.6.8.1 )

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 22:19:28 EST

On Saturday 14 August 2004 22:04, xerces8 wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Can someone tell me why the ages old, established versioning scheme
> of x.y.z was "abolished" and x.y.z.w was introduced ?
>
>Regards,
>David Balazic

It wasn't abolished, there was a showstopper problem discovered before
the ink was dry on the original announcment of 2.6.8. Thats (the .1)
the fixed release.

Stuff happens. To me, thats a very minor concern. My 11 year old
Shelty friend and pet took sick and died a horrible death all in
about 4 hours today while we were unable to locate a vet who was
available on a Saturday. So an instant fix .1 release is very minor
to me.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)