Re: menuconfig displays dependencies [Was: select FW_LOADER -> depends HOTPLUG]

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 17:37:02 EST

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 11:05:24PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> And even if the option was shown:
> How should an average sysadmin configuring his own kernel know where on
> earth the FW_LOADER option is he has to enable?

If I ever find time to look into it then my plan is to give
the user the possibility to see _all_ menus + symbols with a prompt.
And for all symbols with a promt and with dependency information
to let the user enable a pop up window giving the possibility
to select all "Depends on" symbols.

So consider:
config FOO
depends on BAR

config BAR
select BAZ

config BAZ

Then when pressing 'd' on the FOO symbol (which is marked
as invisible) the user will be prompted with:

CONFIG_FOO

Depends on:
CONFIG_BAR: [ ] "Prompt for BAR"

Sam