Re: [Patch} to fix oops in olympic token ring driver on media disconnect

From: Neil Horman
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 19:07:41 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

Pete Zaitcev wrote:

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:07:16 +0100
Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Gwe, 2004-08-13 at 20:11, Neil Horman wrote:

the olympic_close routine was waiting on. This patch cleans that up.

Tested by me, on 2.4 and 2.6 with good, working results, and no more oopses.

Should it not be blocking the IRQs on the chip as well ?

I assumed that old olympic_close() did, but perhaps it didn't after all.
There is nothing like the following in it:

+#define DISABLE_IRQS(base_addr) do { \
+ writel(LISR_LIE,(base_addr)+LISR_RWM);\
+ writel(SISR_MI,(base_addr)+SISR_RWM);\
+} while(0)

This is curious. If something was never used, how do we know if it works?
Maybe it's safer just to leave things as Neil did.

Well, regardless, Neil's patch is IMO a good first step.

There is plenty of work in olympic for any motivated person :)

Jeff

Thanks :) I figure if someone reports system hangs or lock-ups with this card in place, I just re-add teh irq disable stuff.
Neil