Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8-rc3-O5

From: Lee Revell
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 17:02:29 EST

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 03:21, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > There is definitely some subtle bug in the preempt-timing patch,
> > because I am getting reports of long non-preemptible sections, which
> > do not correspond to an xrun in jackd - if these were real then even a
> > 400usec non-preemptible section would cause an xrun. I do not seem to
> > get many xruns during normal jackd operation.
>
> could you send me these latest preempt-timing warnings?

Here are all the XRUN traces and preempt-timing warnings for the last
~24 hours. I still have not had a chance to test with the latest
patches & config changes.

http://krustophenia.net/2.6.8-rc3-O5/kern.log.txt

Here are some graphs from other test runs:

http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.8-rc3-O5
http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.8-rc2-mm2-O3

For reference here's an -mm kernel without the voluntary-preempt
patches:

http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.8-rc3-mm2

Source code for the php script:

http://krustophenia.net/testresults.phps

I based the php script on this perl script:

http://www.oddmuse.org/cgi-bin/oddmuse/GnuPlot_Extension

The web server is my desktop machine, so please don't complain if it
becomes unavailable without warning. I will try to keep the links
working.

Lee