Re: IDE hackery: lock fixes and hotplug controller stuff

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 16:00:55 EST

On Mer, 2004-08-11 at 01:36, Ian Hastie wrote:
> Yes it does. It's certainly sold as a RAID card and it does have a RAID setup
> menu. I haven't had the opportunity to use it fully as the discs I needed to
> use on it were already set up for software RAID. Maybe I'll have a couple
> spare(!) discs to play with if I upgrade to SATA.

Much obliged - I got one from Novatech and I've been doing a bit more
hammering on it. For non raid configurations but in smart mode my card
now seems to be working. Its in part dependant on a core IDE change
however so I'll push the relevant bits to Bart in order.

I've not tried raid yet (case logistics) but will do so very soon.