Re: 2.6.xSMP and IPv4 issues

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 12:54:19 EST

Maurice wrote:
Note: I've posted this to the linux-smp list, also... Forgive the newbie in me.

I'm unable to get IPv4 running correctly when using a 2.6.xSMP kernel,
but the "same" 2.6.x non-SMP kernel will allown IPv4 to function.

I have tried a short list of the basics and searched google for help, I
also posted to my local LUG and tried a few additional things.

The hardware this is happening on is;

motherboard: ECS (elitegroup) D6VAA
NIC: netgear FA311
DHCP server: Coyote Linux, has run for about two years.

I would consider the NIC driver first... I have no issues with my machines, including e100 and e1000 configs on dual Xeon with HT enabled and the sk98lin driver on a single CPU with HT and SMP kernel.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)