Re: 2.6.8-rc3-np1

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 02:12:53 EST

Martin Schlemmer wrote:
On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 11:52, Nick Piggin wrote:

http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/2.6.8-rc3-np1/

Patch is against 2.6.8-rc3-mm2 only at this stage due to significant
memory management changes in there making it difficult to track Linus'
tree as well.

Feedback on the scheduler would be much appreciated, as it might get
a run in Andrew's tree soon.

I am trying to get it patched against rc4-mm1, but it seems there
are some issues with the SMT bits - dependent_sleeper for example
is still around although it was removed with all previous patches
(and uses task_t.time_slice which is no longer there).

I assume you forgot to apply them? Possible to get a complete
patch? If not, I'll see if I can get something going after some
sleep.

Yeah, I've missed something. Thanks for the report. I'll fix
it shortly.