Re: Compression algorithm in cloop

From: Grzegorz Kulewski
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 12:33:21 EST

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Phillip Lougher wrote:

Where should I start from? Really a newbie to this,
appreciate any comments and suggestions!!

There has been discussion on this list before about adding
bzip2 support to the kernel. Do a search on the list for this.

Long, long ago there was something called e2compr. They had bzip2 in the kernel. I remember 40 seconds mc start time on disk compressed with bzip2 on i486-DX 40 MHz... :-)

Grzegorz Kulewski