Compiling glibc

From: DervishD
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 05:12:16 EST

Hi all :)

Per section 1.8 of the glibc FAQ, I understand that if I build a
glibc using headers from 2.4.26, it not necessarily will run
correctly on 2.4.27. Is this true or this maybe-incompatibility
applies only for releases and not patchlevels (I mean, compiling in a
2.2.x and running on a 2.4.x)?

I want to build a new version of the glibc (I use 2.2.4 and I
want to upgrade to 2.3.3) and I need the headers of the kernel I'm
running (2.4.26 or .27 in my case) but, where? I mean: should I
install them under /usr/include? Now I have /usr/include/linux and
/usr/include/asm from my old 2.4.10 kernel, back when I built my old
glibc, they're not symlinks to my current kernel headers, as
recommended here a time ago.

I'm not sure if I have to put kernel headers from 2.4.26 in
/usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm when building the new library
or after building it. In the glibc FAQ I cannot find an answer.

Could anyone help? Any help will be greatly appreciated :) Thanks
a lot in advance.

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736