Re: The prune_dcache saga, truely epic proportions now

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 18:46:39 EST

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 17:06, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 20:21, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> This machine has repeatadly passed memtest86-3a for as many as a
>> dozen full passes without errors.
>>
>> Running 2.6.8-rc2-mm2 which is an improvement, I almost got a 24
>> hour uptime. BUT, it just went away again while trying to run the
>> FC2 version of up2date.
>>
>> A trimmed log, and my .config are attached, please, can someone
>> look at this? I can also supply objdumps of the dcache.o file,
>> and a marked ((#asm "nop #char") style) up dcache.s file if you
>> can tell me where to put the markups.
>
>If not resolved yet - have you tried yet to disable 4K stacks ?
>Might not be related but can't hurt?

The last time I tried it, I don't believe it made any difference. But
I haven't tried it recently, Linus said to run it with everything
turned on, so I haven't shut that off for the last 2-3 builds. I've
had to reboot 3 times since, but its not leaving any footprints in
the logs, darnit.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)