Re: IDE hackery: lock fixes and hotplug controller stuff

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 12:56:53 EST

Hi,

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 18:19, Alan Cox wrote:
> Apply this patch at your peril. Its a work in progress but my IDE exposure
> meter is beeping and the sick bucket needs emptying 8)

Could you please split it off on separate patches?

- it is easier for everybody to review and comment them

- some changes just can't defend themselves when are not
the part of the bigger patch

> - Remove unsafe and essentially unfixable proc code for flipping
> between ide-cd and ide-scsi. Its no longer relevant with SG_IO.

Shouldn't we deprecate it first...?

> - Added pci IDE helpers to do hot unplug

Locking for ide_hwifs[] should be added first...

[ I'm still on vacations but I'm watching what's going on... ]
Bartlomiej