Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 11:57:49 EST

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:10:57 +0200
Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, I use Debian since, um, long ago:) But accept that Jörg
> doesn't really like to care about f*cked up patched versions of
> cdrecord.

He does not need to. Nobody told him to do.
Besides I doubt that only the patched versions are actually "f*cked up".
My personal experience with cdrecord is that neither version works well on my
system.
I tried several including "gods' own". Needless to mention it didn't work
either. Needless to mention he told me to upgrade the firmware, needless to
mention that did not help, but got worse instead (not even dvd worked
afterwards).
End of the story was that I gave away the old device (which works in a w*ndows
system flawlessly ever since for both CD and DVD), and bought a new one which
works well with DVD again (growisofs) but still not with cdrecord.
My personal opinion is that both product and author get more attention than
they deserve.

Regards,
Stephan