Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Matthias Andree
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 08:33:49 EST

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2004-08-10:

> So you really like to recommend everyone to cross the street while the
> traffic light shows red just because you did not yet get any harm from doing
> so?

Of course not, but you cannot claim I've been harmed crossing the street
when the lights were red when I haven't.

There are dangers when mlockall() or similar and RT scheduling don't
succeed, but that doesn't mean something MUST happen. The warning IMO is
right but let's just ditch this part of the discussion. cdrecord user
interface discussion is off-topic here.

--
Matthias Andree

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)