Re: [RFC] Fix Device Power Management States

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 05:31:23 EST

Hi!

> > Once the swsusp consolidation is merged upstream, I will merge a new
> > device power model in -mm, and we can start working on the drivers. How
> > does that sound?
>
> Do you want me to merge before or after all this is done; I'm a bit
> concerned that you guys are expending effort (well, Pavel is), getting
> SMP and Highmem going when I already have a working version that -
> unless the plans have changed - we were intending to merge too.

I needed to do highmem anyway (for SUSE kernel)... SMP... I'm not 100%
convinced that SMP support in suspend2 is correct. (Notice: swsusp/SMP
support in current mainline is *not* correct, either). In particular,
if you sleep the CPU, it needs to loop somewhere, right? Can you quote
the piece of code where sleeping CPUs are spinning? ...that one needs
to be in assembly :-(.

Anyway, I believe that refrigerator merge can be done in paralel with
device tree changes, as it will be always very clear what is broken.

Pavel
--
Horseback riding is like software...
...vgf orggre jura vgf serr.