Re: [2.6 patch] select FW_LOADER -> depends HOTPLUG

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 19:29:28 EST

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> No - kconfig gets it wrong.
> When selecting a config option kconfig shall secure that
> 'depends on' are evaluated also for the selected symbol.

Which dependencies? select was more intended to select symbols without a
prompt (it's dependency would be simply 'n'). The selected symbol can also
have multiple prompts, how should these dependencies be merged?
The current select is intentionally simple, so the calculation is
straightforward. Anything more complex I have to completely rethink the
behaviour between depencies and selects, e.g. something like this:

A ---selects----> C ---selects----> D
B --depends on--> --depends on--> E

If you want to change the behaviour of select how will it change the
behaviour of the other dependencies and selects?
I have some ideas for that, but I didn't had the time yet to sit down and
completely think it through and a few other changes are more important.

bye, Roman