Re: Hugetlb demanding paging for -mm tree

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 14:25:53 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote on Friday, August 06, 2004 2:08 PM

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:19:04AM -0700, Chen, Kenneth W wrote:
> I suppose this is fixable in update_mmu_cache() where it can check the
> type of pte and do appropriate sizing and other things. ia64 would have
> to check the address instead of looking at the pte.

Yes, it's just a fair amount of document-hunting since there isn't
always easily cut-and-pasteable stuff (e.g. ITAG_MASK for larger page
sizes was omitted from the #ifdefs on sparc64).

As for ia64 checking addresses... ew, can't we just use long format
VHPT? The virtual placement constraints are nasty.

-- wli