sysfs / udev programming faq/howto?

From: Paul Miller
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 12:43:27 EST

Hello, I'm somewhat new to Linux kernel programming. I've made a few
drivers for custom/embedded hardware, etc with kernel 2.4 and kernel 2.6
w/ devfs, but I'm a little lost working with sysfs and udev.

All I want to do is have udev register my character device for a custom
PCI board. Is there a FAQ that explains this? Does udev need to be
configured to look for my device? Currently, I have it registering with
sysfs as a pci driver and it shows up under /sys/bus/pci/drivers.

Thanks,
-Paul