Re: Disabling route cache

From: Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 09:34:46 EST

On Monday, 09 August 2004, at 02:28:18 +0800,
ken wrote:

> I am building Linux routers with multiple DSL WAN links. I'm using
> iproute2 to load balance users onto the Internet. However, with IP route
> cache the result is sometimes poor. Is there a way to disable route
> caching in the kernel.

If the problem is that after a link/ISP failure some already stablished
connections or new connections use the cached route to go through the
failed link, you can make the kernel forget about any route caches it
currently has with the command:
# ip route flush cache

You can check the routing cache at any time with:
# ip route show cache

Hope it helps.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436 Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.8-rc2-mm2)