uhci-hcd oops with 2.4.27/ intel D845GLVA

From: Nick Bartos
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 07:23:49 EST

I unable to boot due to a kernel oops on my D845GLVA. This worked fine in
2.4.26, but with the same (well, except for the new features) config
2.4.27 does not.

If I disable usb 2.0 support in the kernel or disable the usb 2.0
controller, then the system will boot fine. However I would like to be
able to use the 2.0 controller.

I upgraded the bios on the board to the latest, but no change.

I am not certain how everyone gets all that info captured when the kernel
crashed, but here is what I wrote down:

ehci_hcd 00:1d.7: Bios handoff failed (104, 1010001)
unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000048

kernel panic: attempted to kill init!