Re: DRM function pointer work..

From: Dave Jones
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 17:45:57 EST

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:46:45AM -0700, Jon Smirl wrote:
> There are three main ways to get a driver:
> 1) vendor release - most stable, I get one every two weeks
> 2) Linus bk - very up to date, not as well tested, once a day
> 3) copy DRM CVS into Linus bk - bleeding edge, hope you know what you
> are doing.

In the case of bleeding edge Fedora, (Ie FC3 t1 right now), 1 and 2 are
the same. Ie, we rebase to the upstream -bk release almost daily.
(The only time we don't is when both myself and Arjan are otherwise
occupied, like recently at OLS etc, but it's rare that both of us
are too busy to do a rebase).

The current release version of Fedora (Ie, FC2 right now) has a slightly
less aggressive update cycle, typically only when either a) the upstream
kernel has fixed a lot of bugs that have been biting users, or b) there's
a security problem to justify another update.

Dave