Re: architectures with their own "config PCMCIA"

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 16:43:57 EST

On Samstag, 7. August 2004 22:36, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> I've been `fixing up' many of them lately. Please give it a try.
> Anyway, probably all additional clean ups you do for s390 are useful for m68k
> as well ;-)

Yes, most devices drivers that rely on ISA or PCI attachment now
appear to be gone.

However, I just tried and found that out of the 23 driver submenus, only
"Generic Driver Options", "Block devices", "SCSI device support",
"Multi-device support", "Networking support" and "Character devices"
make any sense at all. All others depend on some hardware that has
never been attached to an s390 box.

We could of course build some subsystems like MTD, ISDN or FB, but
there is still little point without any low-level drivers.

Arnd <><