Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: USB troubles in rc2

From: David Brownell
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 13:02:27 EST

On Thursday 05 August 2004 10:05, Michael Guterl wrote:
> Thanks for the reply David, but where exactly does this leave me and
> the others experiencing this problem? Is there any more information I
> can provide that might help? Any possible solutions, patches, etc?

It leaves you (and others) with the problem partially isolated, so that
someone with time to track it down will have that much less work to do.

The most effective solutions involve someone who has the problem
actually stepping up and debugging the whole thing, then providing
a patch fixing the problem.

A second-best would be collaboration between someone who has
the time (not me!) and someone who has the problem (you?) to
remotely debug the problem.

A third-best would be for someone (you?) to find out exactly which patch
caused the problem -- a binary search of the USB patches, luckily it's
made easier by the fact that it could only be a change in HID, usbcore,
or some HCD. (And most likely IMO it's usbcore.) Then that patch can
either be further debugged, or reverted.

- Dave