ReiserFS errors

From: David Härdeman
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 08:05:03 EST

Hi,

during a recent upgrade of the distribution (Debian Unstable) on my laptop, I accidentally filled the entire root partition (hda1). apt-get complained accordingly as some packages failed to be updated (no space left on device errors filled half of the console).

After freeing some more space, I reinstalled the packages which had failed installation, only to discover later that some files from the packages which where supposed to have been installed just fine were corrupt.

In the kernel logs I also saw this message repeated 20 or so times:
ReiserFS: hda1: warning: vs-8115: get_num_ver: not directory item

As there was now space on the device, a quick reinstall of the damaged packages rectified the situation, but my question is if this is an error in reiserfs? (I've experienced the exact same thing a few months ago, also then when the partition was full).

Hardware is an IBM G40 laptop with ICH4 IDE chipset, unknown HD (reported as IC25N040ATMR04-0) and kernel 2.6.6-mm4.

Please CC me on any replies.

Regards,
David Härdeman
david (AT) 2gen (dot) com